Thursday 3 October 2013

Steamers for Streamers

moody stock photo of steam £0.00

Are you ill at the moment? Well I am.

Ever steamed your face when you've been ill? It's real good for temporarily clearing your sinuses. We all know there's usually a little steam involved in fancy facials, right? I wanted to try it at home to see if it actually worked on improving not only my snot, but my skin.

Last night I got a large plastic mixing bowl out, washed off the grimey residue (eugh) put my kettle on to boil. 

100% tea tree essential oil £2.99 at superdrug

Method

  1. Cleanse your face - make sure you've got no make-up on
  2. Fill a large wide bowl just over half way with freshly boiled water
  3. (Optional) Squeeze in half a lemon and/or a couple of drops of essential oils into the steamy water, I used tea tree oil which is good for spots and it smells tasty.
  4. Lean close to the water and drape a towel over your head and the bowl like a tent to trap the steam in
  5. Stay there as long as you want to, but i'd recommend no longer than 5-10 minutes at a time as you could run the risk of burning your face.

Pros

  • After this I could breathe through my nose again
  • My skin felt amazing, so soft like a baby's ass
  • Gave a nice glow to the skin
  • Pores were tighter and smaller after

Cons

  • No bueno for people who have rosacea or irritated skin on their faces




No comments:

Post a Comment